Inventory analysts are detail-oriented and have the ability to maximize an organization’s production. For an expert analyst who can help to manage inventory items, perform inventory analysis, and control day-to-day inventory operations. You must have excellent computer skills, be familiar with databases and spreadsheets, and must also be able to analyze inventory statistics using software programs.
Job and responsibility
- Maintaining and improving the company's inventory situation by analyzing inventory statistics to determine which products are selling and which are not.
- Placing inventory orders and tracking shipments.
- Allocating inventory to the correct departments as it comes into the warehouse and arranging for pickups and shipments.
- Performing extensive research on a wide range of inventory-related reports, from previous inventory reports to national purchasing trends.
- Performing regular inventory counts.
- Drafting inventory reports that document inventory counts, discrepancies, and other statistical data.
- Reporting inventory statistics to management and suggesting improvements to inventory control.
- Coordinating with other workers to resolve discrepancies between inventory and revenue.
- Creating and maintaining inventory databases and systems for accurately managing inventory.